Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Dance Blog

<3 Squee! Warm-ups are a reliable source of sexiness and endless amusement. Also torment, pain, and difficulty isolating muscles, but that's a small matter.

Last night we drilled vertical figure 8's (miles). My lower back feels like a solid mass of anguish right now. I'm not very good at it yet, especially with the whole keeping-upper-body-still part. Walking and doing 8's at the same time is hilarious. There's a trick to it, where you figure out the optimal timing to move your feet, between doing parts of the 8. I think I got that part okay, but the 8 itself is still taking a lot of thought and concentration.

Choreography was really hard last night. I'm not sure if it was because I'm possibly getting sick again, or if I was just tired, or what. The spins made me really dizzy, and I lost my balance in places where I've basically never lost my balance. It's disconcerting. I also felt slower and clumsier than usual.

Amusing discoveries of the day include learning that the instructor is afraid of cockroaches, and is concerned that the roaches will sneak into her car and attack her. XD

No comments:

Post a Comment